Our story of love, loss, and change.





Monday, October 29, 2012

Maddox

Death and grief is something I have never had to deal with 

Losing our son has been the hardest thing I have ever had to go through 

I miss him and ache to have him back with us 

He is the most perfect thing I have ever seen 

I would do anything to hold him one more time 

I feel like I am drowning and don't know how to swim 

My husband has been my life preserver

I feel guilty when I feel happy

His nursery was meant to be owl themed

I will never look at an owl again without thinking of him

It hurts to think about all we lost

It is difficult to be around people that are happy 

I will never be the same

My heart has forever changed, it now belongs to him 

Reading other women's stories gives me comfort

I feel that maybe I am normal after all

I now sleep with the owl stuffed animal that was meant for him 
I want people to speak his name

I want to talk about him and it not make others uncomfortable

I realize now how petty I can be

This experience has made me want to be a better person 

I want to be more thankful for the things I have instead of unhappy about the things I don't

I want to celebrate his memory 

I love him.












No comments:

Post a Comment