Our story of love, loss, and change.





Saturday, April 6, 2013

A Funeral, Some Grief, and a New Life

On Easter my Great Grandpa Lambson passed away at the age of 89. He was such an amazing man and I am so grateful that I was able to know him. Below are some of the photo's from his funeral. He was in the Navy and it was very special to see my Great Grandpa honored this way and to watch my Grandpa accept the flag. It was a truly special day for my family.

 


Friday was a very emotional day for me. We attended the beautiful funeral for my Grandpa, it was exactly six months since Maddox passed away, and my cousins had their little boy. The day was filled with sadness and joy. My Grandpa lived a wonderful life and it was great to share all our memories of this amazing person. The last photo was taken on mine and Cody's wedding day. I absolutely love this photo of him about to hug me. Precious stuff right there. 





 Since Maddox's nursery was going to be owl themed, owls now hold a special meaning for us. I found this cute little wooden owl at The Wood Connection and couldn't wait to make it! I think it is pretty adorable. I love adding special things to our home to memorialize Maddox. It is important to me to make his presence known in our home. This is a picture of the ledge on our stairs and as you can see, most of it is dedicated to our angel baby. 

My cousin's welcomed their healthy and beautiful little boy on Friday. We are planning on going to visit them and I am actually pretty nervous about it. I have not been around a newborn since Maddox and I certainly have not held another one since him. I know that it will be difficult for us but I also know it is an important part in our healing process.


No comments:

Post a Comment