Our story of love, loss, and change.





Monday, April 22, 2013

Loving Life


Laying in bed last night
Listening to Cody snore
After having yet another giggle session together
I thought to myself "I love my life"
This sleepy thought startled me into conciousness
How can I possibly think I love my life
When my son died?

Then I really started thinking about my life
I have been so blessed
Of course I have had many trials
Especially the trial of losing Maddox
Sometimes I have felt like I dont know how I will make it through

Then Cody looks at me with all the love in the world
Or a friend or family member will reach out to me
I am then reminded how lucky I really am

It is easy to get down and negative
To get wrapped up in the never ending grief
However, life is too short to live that way

Each day is a struggle
A struggle to act normal
To be happy
But I am trying

We are planning for the future
Planning another addition to our family
Moving forward

Life is difficult
Life is terrifying
Life is beautiful

1 comment:

  1. This just makes my heart so happy, it's so good to hear. I love you and Cody so much and I'm so proud of you both. My boy picked such a sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete