Our story of love, loss, and change.





Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Puppy Love

We have been considering getting a new puppy for weeks now and last night we just couldn't resist any longer. We got a tiny little girl and we named her Zoey. She is a daschund/yorkie mix and she is adorable!

 I honestly forgot how much work a puppy is but I know she will be worth it. I had many reasons for wanting a puppy and I had an equal amount of reasons for not wanting one.

I kept thinking that maybe a puppy would help me heal and give me something to look forward to. I mean a puppy can make anybody happy!

Another part of me felt like I was trying to fill a void and I kept telling myself that it was dumb to even try to fill the gaping hole inside of me. Also, puppies are a lot of work and somedays it is a struggle to get out of bed so how in the world am I going to take care of another living thing!?

Over all I am really glad that we got her, it will be hard at times but it will also be a lot of good times. Hopefully this little sweetheart will help mend the broken pieces of my heart.





1 comment:

  1. I like creeper Rocky in the background. She's really cute! I love her already.

    ReplyDelete