Our story of love, loss, and change.





Saturday, February 16, 2013

Think before you Facebook

Sometimes I wonder what in the hell is going through people's minds when they do and say certain things. I just woke up from a nap and had a post from someone on Facebook that sent me in to tears immediately, and then pure anger. Please, think before you just blindly post on Facebook. Think of others before you put of some political bullshit that you don't understand!

Now we all know there is a huge debate on abortion and we also know that I am not one to start a debate or push my opinions, but I am about to find my voice. Because of my history, my views on abortion have become confused and have grown. I believe in choice. A year ago I would have told you that I would NEVER get an abortion. Well fate has a funny way of testing you. I was faced with the hardest decision of my life, try to carry quadruplets or reduce to twins. Essentially, to have an abortion. I chose the route that gave my other two children the best chance of survival. I hate the decision I had to make, but I know in my heart and soul that I made the right choice.

It is easy to blindly post pictures of a 12 week old, deceased, photo shopped baby and say "This is what we all looked like at 12 weeks. Abortion is legal in all 50 states. Anyone think this is not a person? Please pass along, it might save a life." First of all, to who posted this picture, do you not realize how traumatic it is to see a photo like this for someone who lost 3 babies at 12 weeks, and the final baby at 19 weeks? Second, babies do NOT look like that when they are that early. They photo shopped their skin among other things to make them look healthy and perfect. Third, do not post things that you do not understand. Do not judge when you have no clue what it is like for someone to have to make that kind of decision. It is unfair and selfish of you.

I never in a million years would have thought that I would be arguing for pro abortion. No, I still do not completely agree that someone should get pregnant and then have an abortion because they just do not want a baby, however I do think that everyone should have their choice. It is not anyone's place to judge or try to take away someone's choice.

I really hope I do not offend anyone by this post, I realize that we all have our own beliefs and I respect everyone's opinion. This is just mine. I wanted to share to shed some light on the other side of abortions. It is an awful thing to go through, and most people who have one, will live with the guilt and other emotions for the rest of their lives. Do not judge from the outside. Be a bigger person and try to understand before you make snap judgement's and post hurtful and narrow minded things on Facebook.

4 comments:

  1. I have a very good friend who got an abortion because her health and the babies were at risk. She was also married and it was a very difficult decision for them. She said when she went in for the appointment people were protesting and it made an already awful situation even worse. It makes me so angry that people are so insensitive and while they're able to express their opinions there is definitely a line that should not be crossed when doing so. You are so strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Tasha, I had no idea you'd gone through something like that. I don't know what to say, but i'm touched by that story. Thanks for sharing.

    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm new to your blog and just landed on this post. You've nailed one of the things that bothers me about "pro-life" propaganda. The inaccuracies! Not to mention that such propaganda does not take into account the woman - who she is, her particular situation, and quite often devalues her life, and the lives of other children she may have. None of us can truly know what we might do in a difficult situation until we are actually there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really appreciate this post. I agree with you. Thank you for being able to speak up about such a tough subject. That takes courage.

    Lindsey - www.stillbornandstillbreathing.com

    ReplyDelete