Our story of love, loss, and change.





Sunday, February 3, 2013

Stories

I forgot how much work a puppy was! Plus I did not anticipate how much getting a second dog would change they dynamic of our household. Our five year old dog Rocky is not too happy with our new puppy Zoey. I understand that he has to set the boundaries for her but it has been one frustrating experience after another. Zoey wants to play with him so bad but he just runs away or snaps at her everytime she tries. Then last night she was trying to play and he was snapping at her over and over. We were not interfering because they need to figure out how to get along with each other. Then Rocky bit her and actually hurt her. She cried and I could tell she was really scared so then I felt like a complete jerk for letting it happen. I am at a loss of what to do now. I do not want Rocky to be miserable but I certainly do not want to have to give Zoey up. I am already so attached to her. I am still doing research but most people say that they will adjust after a couple weeks, it has been three weeks and we have made little to no progress. I guess we will just keep pushing forward and see how things go.

Another random story...Cody and I decided to do a lantern release for Maddox on what was supposed to be our due date, March 1st. I ordered the big paper lanters that you light with fire and release in to the air. The lanterns hold many different meanings in different cultures, to me they will represent us releasing our pain and making a wish for the future. We invited our close family to the cemetary to share in this experience with us. I am hopeful that this will be a healing experience for all of us. Of course though nothing is easy in this new life of mine. Shortly after ordering the lanterns and inviting everyone, we found out that Utah is planning to outlaw the lanterns. I am just hoping that this will not take place before we are able to do our release for Maddox.


No comments:

Post a Comment