Our story of love, loss, and change.





Sunday, December 9, 2012

Angel Tree







This year Christmas has not been as exciting as years in the past. It has been difficult to celebrate when I am feeling so low. I was trying to find ways to find joy and thought that doing an angel tree would be a great way to bring us some happiness, and it worked! 

We went to the store and it broke my heart how many childrens names were still on the tree, so we decided to take two kids. We took a three year old boy and a five year old girl . Above are some of the things we got them. We are taking them in on Monday after work and we still have a few things to get them, but it is all cute and was a lot of fun.

The litte boy needed pants and jackets so we got him two jackets and a nice pair of levis. He wanted car toys so we got him hot wheels (every little boy needs hot wheels) and then a bigger car that you can take apart and build again. How cute is that! We want to get him something else but I really don't know what to buy a three year old...

Then for the little girl she needed shoes and pants. We still need to get the shoes but I found a super cute pair of levis! Then she wanted art supplies and Repunzal toys. I never realized how expensive barbies were! It was worth it though because she is going to love the bath time fun Rapunzel! Then Cody's mom got her a bunch of cute stuff from Claires. I love the bright colors and I just know this little girl is going to be in love when she gets all this!  

It makes me so grateful that we were able to do this for kids who probably wouldn't get a very good Christmas otherwise. We are donating them in honor of Maddox and I had other family members do the same and I am very grateful for that! This is what Christmas should be about, making others day brighter. I am so happy we did this and I hope to do it more in the future.

2 comments:

  1. I love this idea! I really wanna get out there and do the same for the children in need. It just makes sense because Christmas is about the spirit of giving. Thanks for the inspiration Tasha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is mine and Wes' favorite new tradition. We also felt horrible about how many names were still on the tree, wish we could grab them all!

    ReplyDelete