Our story of love, loss, and change.





Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Memories

Christmas is over and part of me is glad
I had a better time than I thought I would
There was just something missing
Maddox was missing
Yet I felt him all around us 
My family was so thoughtful in remembering him
I will be forever grateful for all of their kindness 



These ornaments were given to us by our families. Cody's mom bought us the heart ornament.
We both love it. Then my aunt Jeanne gave us the adorable bear with the M on it. The thoughtfulness of these gifts warm my heart. 


I decided tonight to share some of the memorabilia we have of Maddox 
These items are now my most precious belongings 


This is the blanket that Maddox is buried in. Cody's mom Tanya made it for him. It is a little pouch that he was tucked safely into. The hat was crocheted by Cody's grandma Margaret. They are absolutely perfect. I am so thankful that he has something homemade from the heart.


 
These are his adorable hats. The white hat is the one that he wore in the hospital. The owl hat was just crocheted by Cody's grandma for Christmas, and the green one is just like the one he is buried in. The green hat is about two inches long and it was still a little big on him.



 This is the absolute most important thing to me! This is a standard piece of paper. His tiny little fingers were amazing. I could have stared at them forever. I wish more than anything I could see them again. I am at least thankful to have these. 






 These amazing little moldings blew our minds when we first saw them. I love his intertwined fingers and his tiny beautiful little feet. I put my wedding right next to them to show just how small his hands were. How beautifully perfect he is...







3 comments:

  1. His tiny little hands and feet are so beautiful! What an amazing gem to get to hold on to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. he is so perfect. tiny fingers, tiny toes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, so precious! Thank you for sharing. He will always be apart of your heart! I can't believe how tiny he was.

    ReplyDelete