Our story of love, loss, and change.





Thursday, December 6, 2012

Counseling??

I finally made an appointment to see a counselor today... I have thought about it many time and have been putting it off. I dont really know what made me do it, but I know it was the right thing to do. I think a part of me was hoping I was strong enough to deal with all of this without having to go see a counselor. Then I realized that it's not that I am weak, I just need a little help. I am not one to ask for help easily so this was in no way an easy decision for me.

I have so many thoughts in my head and I feel like if I could just get them all out maybe I would feel a little better. I know that I have many people in my life to talk to and of course this blog but I know that I supress some thoughts. Maybe if I can start from the beginning, explain it all to someone, then maybe it will help me understand some of the million feelings I have.

Cody is going to the session with me and for that I am forever grateful. I know that I am so lucky to have him in my life. He is so patient with me and willing to do whatever I need to make it through this horrific time in our lives. I really love that man.

Our  meeting with the counselor is not til the 21st but I know it will be beneficial for us, well for me and hopefully for Cody. I guess we will see how it goes...

2 comments:

  1. I'm very proud of you for taking that step. I really hope it helps you deal with some of the emotions and pain you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely believe this will be beneficial for you both. I have never been to counseling but it has been a thought of mine. You will have to let me know how it goes. Love you Tash!

    ReplyDelete