Our story of love, loss, and change.





Tuesday, December 4, 2012

The Secret

I read a book called "The Secret" a couple of years ago and it suddenly popped into my head today. While I do not agree with all aspects of the book, I think that many of the ideas are very interesting. The basic concept is that you get what you are giving out. If you are giving out negative thoughts, the universe give you negative things because that is what you are emitting to the universe and vice versa. The book says multiple times that "like attracts like"
The reason I am writing about this is because I have noticed that the past couple weeks have been especially hard and it is mostly because I am dwelling on EVERYTHING! I know that it is completely normal to be upset, sad, and angry. However, I do not want my entire life to be this way. So I am going to try and use "The Secret" to help. If I think positively then postive things will find me and my life will then be positive. I am tired of my life being a giant pity party. I can't run into the bathroom multiple times each day to cry at work. I can't not go to family gatherings or hang out with friends because it gives me anxiety.
I cried three times by noon today. It has been horrible. While crying for the third time in the bathroom I had a little pep talk with myself. "Just a couple hours and you can go home, he is safe, he is fine, he knows you love him, you will be fine" This little pep talk helped. I believe that our minds are capable of amazing things!

I genuinely believe that with positive thinking you can live a positive life and if you are constantly negative, negative things will happen. I am really not doing this book justice, I really reccommend that everyone read it. Even if some of it is a little extreme, the concept can be life changing.

1 comment:

  1. good for you! I think you might be a little hard on yourself. Give yourself time to dwell and grieve. I think you are doing so well and being so strong. I think that being positive will really help!

    You know I'm always here for you, day or night.

    ReplyDelete