Our story of love, loss, and change.





Sunday, November 25, 2012

The Holidays



Thanksgiving was difficult and I imagine it will be difficult through the rest of the holidays
I enjoyed spending time with my family and friends
Countless times I thought "I wish Maddox was here"
It hurts my heart to know I will never share the holdiays with our son
Christmas time is my absolute favorite but this year it has a bitter edge to it
I dont know how to be happy and thankful when I feel so sad and lost, I'm trying though
My wonderful sister in law made this for us with Maddox's name on it
I put it with our Christmas decorations and love that it is the first thing I see when I walk in the door
Things like this make my heart happy, love you Jamie Moore!



Cody and I were at the store the other day and I wanted to find something to take to Maddox
While looking we found a wonderfully precious baby Christmas tree
Instantly I knew it was perfect
We went the day after Thanksgiving and took him his first Christmas tree
I wish I could do more
I wish that I was not taking my son's tree to the cemetary
But I am thankful I can do this at least
It is just so difficult because it's not what I had envisioned for our life, or his


I went black friday shopping and got a ton of great stuff
Including a lot of stuff I needed for some of my "Maddox projects"
I have read many blogs that have wonderful ideas on remembering your child
The posts have inspired me to do many things
The difficulty is I sometimes have a hard time executing the projects
I tried for a very long time to make an ornament for Maddox
I ended up crying my eyes out because I just could not do it
Luckily I have an amazing husband who is helping me
I will post pictures soon!

1 comment:

  1. I think it's awesome that you are doing things to remember him.

    ReplyDelete