Our story of love, loss, and change.





Thursday, November 1, 2012

Gratitude

I found it fitting since today it is November 1st to share what I am thankful for. When you are grieving one of the hardest things is to be positive and to be thankful, but I also think it's one of the best things you can do while grieving. 

I have been over whelmed by the amount of love and support Cody, Maddox and I have gotten over the past few weeks. It would take me days to list all the many things that people have done and said to help us through this difficult time in our lives. 

Some of the best things people have done have also been some of the smallest things. Sometimes all you need is  hug and an "I'm sorry." It means so much when people go out of their way to express that they care. It is sometimes hard for me to express how thankful I am..but the compassion we have gotten has been one of the good things that have come from this whole mess. 

The best part of my day today was seeing my friend Dani whom I hadn't seen in a while. Then later in the day she had balloons and a sweet card delivered to me at work. These types of things are so special to me. It took so much thoughtfulness from her to do that for me and it meant so much. It completely made my day.

I will cherish all the many wonderful things that people have said, sent, and done for us for the rest of my life. I feel so blessed to have such amazing people in my life. Even the support from strangers has been incredible. I will never be able to fully express how much each person means to me, and how grateful I am. Love is a powerful thing and love is all I have felt from my friends and family over the past few weeks and I really hope it continues.

 These lovely flowers that I received from my work family are just one among the many we received



The balloons from Dani that made my day a little bit brighter :)

No comments:

Post a Comment