Our story of love, loss, and change.





Monday, March 25, 2013

Baby Loss Community

Have you ever read something that gives you the chills? Or something that makes you cry?
As a bereaved mother I come across posts that make me cry, that make me happy, that make me feel less alone, and then posts that make me feel all of the above.

The baby loss community to me is a wonderful and almost secret society. I was naive enough to not know that there was an actual group of people out there whose babies have all died. I know that I was naive before but I am now so glad that I discovered all these amazing people. The baby loss community is one of love and support.

Today something was posted by Franchesca at Still Standing Magazine that was absolutely amazing to me! When I lost Maddox, I experienced and continue to experience multiple emotions, some of which I still don't understand. This post was amazing at explaining the different ways that we all handle loss. It expressed that it is okay to feel how I feel. I am the person who puts on a brave face, even though I feel like I am drowning on the inside. Reading this breaks and heals my heart all at the same time. It is heartbreaking that I lost my son, but it helps me heal to know that I am not alone.

 I included the link for the article I read today, I encourage you all to check it out.

http://stillstandingmag.com/2013/03/the-bereaved-mother-is/

No comments:

Post a Comment